- Bluehost Hosting Plans
- Server Response Time
- Bluehost Uptime
- Page Loading
- Support and Customer Service
- Additional Features
Bluehost web hosting is a name that pops every time when we search for a host for our website. One of the oldest web host started in 1996. At present they host more than 2 millions websites. so one of the biggest web hosting company in the world. They are #1 recommended hosting provider by wordpress.org. But how reliable they are? what about their customer support or their server speed ? Their features and pricing etc. In this post we will look into these things.
Bluehost Hosting Plans:-
- Shared hosting:- Perfect plan to host a new website with small traffic. Most beginners and small businesses use this hosting. Your website share server with other websites.
- WordPress hosting:- Designed specifically for WordPress. Hence better performance. Provides wordPress security like firewalls, malware scans etc.
- vps hosting (Virtual Private Server):- Middle ground option between both shared and dedicated hosting. Allow you to virtual dedicated resources ( e.g. virtual operating system ) but you share a physical server with others.
- Dedicated hosting:- You are essentially renting a physical server. also it means you will have to manage the server on your own.
- Cloud hosting:- Your website uses the virtual resources of several servers. In case of high traffic or failure your site can automatically switch to a different server.
If you want to host a new website with small traffic, you should go with shared web hosting. They provides 3 Plans in shared hosting. Basic, Plus and Choice Plus. Basic plan starts from less than $3. You will get Free Domain + Free SSL with annual plans.
Bluehost Server Response Time:-
Server response time is the amount of time it takes for a web server to respond to a request from a browser. How fast is Bluehost? By the test done by Bitcatcha, Bitcatcha Server Speed Checker sent out ping from 8 different locations around the world and measure the time needed to get a response from Bluehost’s server. That is the result-
Here you can see Bluehost server in US respond under the fraction of second. If your targeted audience is outside US, you can change the server location. So with these results its safe to say that Bluehost server respond time is pretty fast.
Bluehost Uptime :-
Website uptime is the time that a website or web service is available to the users over a given period. Bluehost Uptime is near perfect ( >99.99% ). According to Pingdom
- January 2018 average uptime: 99.99%
- February 2018 average uptime: 100%
- March 2018 average uptime: 100%
- April 2018 average uptime: 100%
- May 2018 average uptime: 99.99%
- June 2018 average uptime: 100%
- July 2018 average uptime: 100%
- August 2018 average uptime: 100%
- September 2018 average uptime: 100%
- October 2018 average uptime: 99.91%
- November 2018 average uptime: 100%
Page Loading :-
With an average load time of only 424 ms, Bluehost is one of the fastest web host.
- January 2018 average speed: 415ms
- February 2018 average speed: 463ms
- March 2018 average speed: 429ms
- April 2018 average speed: 409ms
- May 2018 average speed: 406ms
- June 2018 average speed: 467ms
- July 2018 average speed: 418ms
- August 2018 average speed: 414ms
- September 2018 average speed: 421ms
- October 2018 average speed: 408ms
- November 2018 average speed: 419ms
Below is the uptime and response time chart of Bluehost, according to Pingdom. you can see the results here also.
Bluehost Support and Customer Service:-
Bluehost has a huge library of articles, step by step guides, and video tutorials to help new bloggers. Common issues can be quickly resolved by a simple search.
Additional Features :-
- Good Security Options- Bluehost offers some great tools to prevent some of the most common cyber attacks. Several layers of security to protect you on the account level. Two-factor authentication etc.
- Many Integrations, Apps, and eCommerce Features
- 1-click wordpress install
- 30-Day Free Trial and Money Back Guarantee.
Is Bluehost any good ? YES it is. Bluehost is recommended #1 by many websites. With great features, speed, ease to use, customer support, 30 day money back Guarantee etc I think Bluehost is a great choice for new as well as old websites.