Plan and Pricing8.5/10
Bluehost Server Response Time8.0/10
Uptime and Page Loading8.0/10
- Free SSL with every annual Plan
- Easy to use control panels
- 30 day Money Back Guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- No Free Domain
- Host only 1 Website with base plans
- Limited Space & Bandwidth with base plans
I have been using BigRock hosting for 6 months now, i thought i should share my review about BigRock.
Founded back in 2010, BigRock is a well known name in Domain registration and web hosting industry. BigRock offers services like domain name registration, website hosting, VPS hosting and more. BigRock first launched in india, Now it is owned by Endurance International Group (EIG). EIG owns many top brands like Hostgator, Bluehost etc.
BigRock Websites :-
Bigrock has two websites with .com and .in extensions. bigrock.com is for international clients. Prices are shown in US dollars. Payment will be in dollars. But if you are in India bigrock.in is best for you. prices are shown in Indian rupee and all the payment will be in rupee.
Note :- In bigrock.in you can choose between US servers and India server. us servers are even cheaper that indian server in bigrock.in.
Also Read :-
BigRock Hosting Plans:-
BigRock is one of the few low cost web hosting provider. BigRock Offers :-
- Shared hosting:- Perfect plan to host a new website with small traffic. Most beginners and small businesses use this hosting. Your website share server with other websites. In shared hosting BigRock offers both Linux and window hosting.
- Reseller hosting :- BigRock offers both Linux reseller and window reseller hosting.
- Specialized Hosting :- WordPress Hosting (Designed specifically for WordPress. Hence better performance. Provides wordPress security like firewalls, malware scans etc ), CMS Hosting ( Build your website with Drupal, joomla and more ), Ecommerce Hosting ( Build Ecommerce website with Zencart and OScommerce and more ).
- vps hosting (Virtual Private Server):- Middle ground option between both shared and dedicated hosting. Allow you to virtual dedicated resources ( e.g. virtual operating system ) but you share a physical server with others.
- Dedicated hosting:- You are essentially renting a physical server. also it means you will have to manage the server on your own.
- Cloud hosting:- Your website uses the virtual resources of several servers. In case of high traffic or failure your site can automatically switch to a different server.
If you are just starting a new blog/website i’d recommend you Shared Hosting. Shared Hosting is good for new and low traffic websites. BigRock provides 3 plans in Linux shared hosting – Starter advance and Pro. You will get Free SSL with annual plans. Starter Plan is 89/month if you choose hosting for 10 year. If you choose US server starter plan will cost you 59/month for 10 years. but keep in mind if you are in India and your traffic comes from India, I’d recommend you to buy hosting with Indian servers.
US Server price :
BigRock Server Response Time:-
Server response time is the amount of time it takes for a web server to respond to a request from a browser. How fast is BigRock ? As per google Recommendations server response time should be under 200ms.
My webhost for this site is BigRock and my server is in India, so on 16 June 2019, i did a speed test on Bitcatcha.com, Bitcatcha Server Speed Checker sent out ping from 10 different locations around the world and measure the time needed to get a response from BigRock’s server. That is the result –
As my server is based in India, Response time for bangalore is 91ms well below 200ms (google’s recommendation). it is not as good as BlueHost but if your server is in India it is good enough. You can check blueHost Response time and Review Here.
BigRock Uptime :-
Website uptime is the time that a website or web service is available to the users over a given period. BigRock Guarantee Uptime >99.9% and downtime of less than 5.26 minutes in a year. It uses advanced technology and servers at its data center to offer reliable and secure hosting services.
BigRock Support and Customer Service :-
BigRock also has a huge library of articles, step by step guides, and video tutorials to help new bloggers. Common issues can be quickly resolved by a simple search.
Also BigRock provides 24/7 support via phone and chat. You can also write them a Ticket. you will get reply within 24 hours.
Additional Features :-
- 30 day Money Back Guarantee
- Many Integrations, Apps, and eCommerce Features.
- 1-click wordpress install. 300 applications (WordPress,Joomla, Drupal etc.) installable with one click.
- All Linux Shared and Cloud hosting packages come with FREE SSL by Let’s Encrypt.
- Support available over phone, chat and email.
Is BigRock any good ? Low Cost hosting with these features, you will hardly find in any other hosting providers. It is good for small business and new sites. With great features, speed, ease to use, customer support I think it is good value for money.
Also Read :-